Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let's Get Started

Well this week has been a good starting point so far as to becoming more healthy. I started walking and I am already starting to feel better after just three days. Did I want to get off my butt and start? No! I am glad I did. I left the dishes in the sink and my messy house to enjoy nature and stretch my legs. It didn't kill me, my heart palpitated a little and I got out of breath and thought my legs were going to fall off before I got back home, but that was just the first day. It has gotten a little bit easier and I have been pushing myself to go a little farther everyday.
I have adjusted my eating a little bit, no major renovations yet. I am trying to get my bearings and not take on too much too soon. I do think I will start trying to adjust my eating more this weekend. I will give you the run down as I start, so we can see if it works. I will try to post pictures later, so hopefully I can have those famous "before" and "after" pictures. I did get a nice surprise this morning, I stepped on the scale and I did not weigh as much as I thought I did, that is always a good way to start. I will not post my weight, but I will tell you that I need to lose 60 lbs, so I will just post pounds lost every week or not and I will weigh in every Thursday morning. I hope to change my blog background soon, I am working on it and it is being stubborn. I hope if anyone is reading that this blog might encourage someone to start their own journey whether by an "accountability blog" or just in their own way. I am just getting started so we can start together. Have a Healthy day:)

2 comments:

  1. I read something in Fitness magazine this past week, and it changed my outlook... the way I think... as far as fitness goes. It was just an average gal who they took a snippet from and I'm going to paraphrase it.

    Saying I was overweight is never what got me to the gym. It was never motivating. The day I looked at myself in the mirror at 200 lbs and said "I'm Thin!" was the day I broke all of the barriers. All of the walls where I told myself I couldn't do it.

    I think it's true! You know me and you know I've been talking about and trying to lose weight for years. But that line. Looking myself in the eye and saying "I'm Thin" helped me to know that I really can do it. With God's help, I really will be thin, and more importantly healthy, someday soon.

    You're thin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought of looking at it that way. It is so true, we need to focus on that thin person we are on the inside and know that we can do it. Thanks, Joy! That was inspiring.

    ReplyDelete